Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation lock

My brother passed away and did not leave us his password to sign into his ipad. I tried to factory reset it and he still has an activation lock on it. I do not has his apple id or password either. Where do I go from here?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 1:41 PM

Contact Apple. They need to see a copy of the death certificate and a copy of the will or a document that shows you inherited it.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support.    

Either take the device, the above paperwork, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened)

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.    

or contact Apple ID Support. 

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  (Link doesn’t always load)   

Get Support      Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport       People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 1:41 PM in response to joni265

Contact Apple. They need to see a copy of the death certificate and a copy of the will or a document that shows you inherited it.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support.    

Either take the device, the above paperwork, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened)

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.    

or contact Apple ID Support. 

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  (Link doesn’t always load)   

Get Support      Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport       People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.