Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification sound after unlocking phone

Hello,

Before updating to iOS 14, I noticed my phone started having the notification sound play like normal if it's in standby mode then when I unlocked my phone, it would play it again. For example.. if someone texted me, the "ding" sound would go off, I immediately unlock my phone, and it would go off again while displaying a banner for that text message too. It's like a double or delayed notification within seconds apart which is annoying. It never did that before unless it was 2 minutes later of not checking the notification which is a setting I already know about. I updated to iOS 14.0.1 thinking that would fix the issue but it didn't.

Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks!

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 9:37 PM

I figured out the issue.. If you turn off Notification Center alerts for Messages in your notification settings, this will happen. I enabled it just to see and it fixed the issue.

1 reply

Notification sound after unlocking phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.