Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit Not Working on Watch Series 6, fine on phone and iPad

Hi all- I have a series 6 watch and have paired with my iPhone. All have latest software. When trying to use HomeKit from my watch, it says no response for all devices, however when using from my phone or iPad it’s totally fine. Prior to this I had a series 3 and all worked well but I am not sure what to try to resolve this? I tried turning devices on and off etc already. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 7:57 PM

This does not fix the issue. I have unpaired and paired my watch with not resolution. My signal says No Response.

3 replies

Dec 13, 2020 1:47 AM in response to Wryanj18

Hi. I’ve noticed a similar issue with my Apple Watch series 5. No response on the home app on the Apple Watch but fine on other devices (even fine on the devices’ specific app on the Apple Watch). I have found that turning off Wi-Fi on the Apple Watch (so the watch’s only connection is to the iPhone via Bluetooth restores the connection to the home app on the Apple Watch. I can then turn Wi-Fi back on and everything still works. I don’t know what’s going on but it works for me. You can turn Wi-Fi on and off on the Apple Watch in the control centre. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen while on the watch face and tap the Wi-Fi symbol (it’s blue when it’s on and grey when it’s off). Check to see if the home app is now connected (you can swipe down to close control centre or press the Digital Crown). If it works, turn the Wi-Fi back on and check it again. I hope this helps.

Oct 1, 2020 11:26 AM in response to Wryanj18

Hey there Wryanj18,

We see you're having some trouble connecting your Apple Watch with your HomeKit, and we'll be happy to look into it further with you.

To start, as this is only happening with the Apple Watch, we would want to ensure that there is no communication issue between your iPhone and your Apple Watch. We would recommend up-pairing, then pairing your Watch back to your iPhone. Check out this article for support with this: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - this should erase the content on your Watch temporarily, but it will back up the content and will resync once it is connected again.

Once you've paired the Watch again, try the HomeKit from the Watch and see if you're able to access your devices.

If you continue to have this issue, please reach out to us here: Get Support

HomeKit Not Working on Watch Series 6, fine on phone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.