Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can no longer add an outlook account on my macbook pro

Hello, my otulook account(s) stopped working.

A pop-up ask me for the password. And it does not accept it (error: unable to verify account name or password). I tried to remove and reinstall it but nothing happen. Check the screenshot attached.

I have the same two accounts on my iphone and they just work fine.

I also have 2 steps authentication on. Could this be the problem?

Thank you

Marco

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 8:07 AM

mdigennaro wrote:

Not the problem directly, but still could be the reason that you are not able to access your Outlook email accounts with the Mail app ... and that is because, Microsoft will require you to use an "application" password to be able to access their email services from a non-Microsoft OS.

See if the following articles can help:

• Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support (Note: I included this article so you would have a basic idea on what these app-specific passwords are all about. In this article, we would have the opposite issue. That is, you would be using a Windows Mail app to access your iCloud email account.)
  • This article is how you would generate a Microsoft app-specific password to use in the Apple Mail app for your Outlook email account setup: https://account.live.com/proofs/apppassword
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2020 8:07 AM in response to mdigennaro

mdigennaro wrote:

Not the problem directly, but still could be the reason that you are not able to access your Outlook email accounts with the Mail app ... and that is because, Microsoft will require you to use an "application" password to be able to access their email services from a non-Microsoft OS.

See if the following articles can help:

• Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support (Note: I included this article so you would have a basic idea on what these app-specific passwords are all about. In this article, we would have the opposite issue. That is, you would be using a Windows Mail app to access your iCloud email account.)
  • This article is how you would generate a Microsoft app-specific password to use in the Apple Mail app for your Outlook email account setup: https://account.live.com/proofs/apppassword

I can no longer add an outlook account on my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.