Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to Outlook mail

I can no longer connect to my Outlook mail account using Apple Mail. When I try to sign in , I get a message "Unable to verify account name or password." This behavior started three days ago (I've had the Outlook account for years) on both of my Macs. I can access Outlook Mail with Safari on my Macs and with the Outlook apps on my iOS devices. I am running MacOS Monterey 12.4 and Mail 16.0. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

MacBook Pro 13″, 12.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 11:37 AM

5 replies

Jul 19, 2022 8:45 PM in response to chucksav

I was expecting you would see your already existing account and simply re-enter the password for it. I have had to do that a few times, usually when doing a mandatory password change which my employer requires. It sounds like you might have created a new account somehow.

If both accounts have the same email content and are IMAP, where the messages are all stored on the server and your Mac emails synchronize with the server, it seems to me that you can delete one of those accounts, if they are truly redundant and have identical content. If some of the emails are locally stored, however, be careful because deleting the account may delete those locally stored (On My Mac) emails associated with that account.

Cannot connect to Outlook mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.