Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac not turning on

good morning,

my imac which has all my tax work on it that I was just about to complete just died overnight. It does not come on, no sound, no fan, we get power surges here it has always been on a APC backup power and surge protector. I tried different power cord, different outlet, and all stuff in this thread. Tried the 10 seconds and release and push again as well. I disconnected all the accesories as well.

Apple iMac 27" 3.4Ghz i7/8GB/3TB Fusion/GTX 680MX 2GB GPU/OSX MD096LL/A-CTO

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1367

Of course I do have a time capsule but after my magic mouse died I had to use a corded mouse and unplugged the external drive so my latest backup is from end July :(

I am on an island in the caribbean we have 85% humidity and it seems the on switches just go bad. This is my 3rd imac in 5 years. The other 2 have had problems with on switch as well. For the first one I took the switch apart and could sometimes get it to start with a piece of metal. We are a US territory but do not have an apple store and apple does not ship here so we are stuck with buying refurbished or used stuff off ebay.....

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 8:13 AM

Please follow all the steps in If your Mac won't turn on or start up , if you get to the last step that indicates you need to take it in for service, please take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider, please ensure you have your backup with you when you go.

Similar questions

1 reply

imac not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.