Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accountsd process sucks CPU

I have a MB PRO 15' 2017 - os Catalina 10.15.16. The process accountsd sucks a lot of CPU (300%) and fans spin furiously. I'm not running Mail app.

Why?

thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 5:07 AM

OK last effort: I reinstalled 10.15.7 using the combo update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL2052?viewlocale=en_US

After reboot everything seems to run stable at this moment.

If not, I'll update this thread.

9 replies

Sep 26, 2020 2:17 AM in response to Grant1982

I did the same, moved /Users/xxxx/Library/Accounts/Accounts4.sqlite to a backup location.

Immediatly a new smaller file was created and the accountsd process stopped hogging up the CPU.

I then rebooted but saw that i was logged out to icloud and could not log in anymore.

Then I copied the backed up Accounts4.sqlite file back to its original location, overwriting the newly created one.

Rebooted again.

Now i was logged in to icloud again and cpu stayed normal. No more accountsd process causing CPU issues.

Don't know what is happening here or what happened before, but surely this is a bug in the 10.15.7 update as a lot of users are complaining.

Also measures like deleting ones keychain... come on people, users like me have 1000+ accounts in there. I cannot afford looking up/resetting these all again one by one.

Hopefully Apple fixes this very soon... first time I had such a bad experience :(

accountsd process sucks CPU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.