Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared audio output with Apple TV

I'm trying to use two sets of Beats Solo3 headphones for shared audio on Apple TV (tvOS 14.0.1) but they will not work at the same time. Each one will work alone OK.

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 1:07 PM

I believe audio sharing works with the Apple TV 4K model, not earlier models unfortunately. Presumably this relates to bluetooth 5 vs. bluetooth 4.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

Share audio: Enjoy movies and TV shows with a friend without disturbing others around you. Connect two sets of AirPods or compatible Beats products to your Apple TV 4K to share a viewing experience with separate volume controls. 
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2020 1:07 PM in response to catawba

I believe audio sharing works with the Apple TV 4K model, not earlier models unfortunately. Presumably this relates to bluetooth 5 vs. bluetooth 4.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

Share audio: Enjoy movies and TV shows with a friend without disturbing others around you. Connect two sets of AirPods or compatible Beats products to your Apple TV 4K to share a viewing experience with separate volume controls. 

Shared audio output with Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.