Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anyone else having trouble with the new version of iOS 14.0?

Siri and apps don’t work right since upgrade

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 8:22 AM

I have done this several times and it doesn't help. Now there are even more issues that never happened before. I was able to press on the screen lightly and now I have to "tap" it, sometimes repeatedly before it will accept my tap. BTW, when I backed up, I did a full backup of the phone. When I restored it using iTunes, I lost some of my contacts. This is not a convenient feature!!

Siri no longer responds to my questions. Sometimes I get "I'm on it" or some other phrase. Then, it tells me that it was having trouble and I should try again later! I'm on WiFi 5G and have switched to LTE. No difference.

When I tried to restore the phone to the previous operating system version, I get a message saying it is updating to the latest iOS. I will never buy another Apple product! I'll also write a review on Yelp and FB, etc.

NOT HELPFUL. Pull down tab only puts helpful in the upper right corner, automatically. No option to say "not helpful".

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 8:22 AM in response to razmee209

I have done this several times and it doesn't help. Now there are even more issues that never happened before. I was able to press on the screen lightly and now I have to "tap" it, sometimes repeatedly before it will accept my tap. BTW, when I backed up, I did a full backup of the phone. When I restored it using iTunes, I lost some of my contacts. This is not a convenient feature!!

Siri no longer responds to my questions. Sometimes I get "I'm on it" or some other phrase. Then, it tells me that it was having trouble and I should try again later! I'm on WiFi 5G and have switched to LTE. No difference.

When I tried to restore the phone to the previous operating system version, I get a message saying it is updating to the latest iOS. I will never buy another Apple product! I'll also write a review on Yelp and FB, etc.

NOT HELPFUL. Pull down tab only puts helpful in the upper right corner, automatically. No option to say "not helpful".

Sep 27, 2020 3:23 PM in response to gbat1980

Ha! They know of the issue/problem and they don't have a fix for it. Sad. Very sad. What's the incentive for upgrading, which they force upon you? And, to not be able to go back to the previous WORKING version? When I followed others' advice, it only restored the phone but with the new update. So no gain there. At least with a PC/Google type phone or Android, there are ways to get back to a previous version. AND, those phones don't get hacked. Just a scare tactic from Apple, I guess.

Is anyone else having trouble with the new version of iOS 14.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.