Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In family sharing can we (husband and wife) combine and update one contact and calendar file?

i care to share my contacts and calendar with my wife. We have separate Apple ID

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 1:40 PM

Great Question. The short answer is that you can share a Calendar(s) on iCloud via Family Sharing however you cannot share a contact list via Family Sharing on an iPhone.

The long answer is that open the Calendar App ➔ Calendars ➔ Choose the iCloud Calendar and tap on the "i"Share With: Here you can share with your family member. Note that this only works on a calendar that is created in iCloud.

The Contacts list requires two Apple IDs to exist (You and Your Spouse) on a single iPhone for contacts and that is not possible. On the lighter side of things, this is possible on a Mac. macOS will allow you to add a second iCloud email/calendar account under internet accounts and thus allowing your to share two contact lists associated with separate Apple IDs. Of course, this does not solve your iPhone / Contacts issue but I thought that I'd just mention.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2020 1:40 PM in response to Los2Vikings

Great Question. The short answer is that you can share a Calendar(s) on iCloud via Family Sharing however you cannot share a contact list via Family Sharing on an iPhone.

The long answer is that open the Calendar App ➔ Calendars ➔ Choose the iCloud Calendar and tap on the "i"Share With: Here you can share with your family member. Note that this only works on a calendar that is created in iCloud.

The Contacts list requires two Apple IDs to exist (You and Your Spouse) on a single iPhone for contacts and that is not possible. On the lighter side of things, this is possible on a Mac. macOS will allow you to add a second iCloud email/calendar account under internet accounts and thus allowing your to share two contact lists associated with separate Apple IDs. Of course, this does not solve your iPhone / Contacts issue but I thought that I'd just mention.

Axel F.

In family sharing can we (husband and wife) combine and update one contact and calendar file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.