Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Slow

Hello,

I have been having issues with Safari for quite a while and before this latest update 14.0 on Mac OS 10.15.6 and I would like to be able to get a bit of help because I think that it maybe down to all of the security that I have going on.

Within Safari itself I have Apple's new Tracker enabled along with DuckDuckGo's privacy extension. I also use Littlesnitch that I subscribe to Steve B.'s Rules to. I also connect through NextDNS and use Avast Security.

The majority of the web is usually fine but I find that Safari suffers the most when I am using Facebook, could someone please point me in the right direction in regards to my setup and hopefully speed up my browsing experience better than what it already is.

Thanks!

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 6:14 PM

Have you tried disabling all your extensions and then see if Facebook is any easier to work with?

1 reply

Safari Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.