Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app displays the same album artwork and never updates.

I am running IOS 14.0.1 but the problem occurred on IOS13 also.

I have deleted the app, deleted that album and restarted my phone and the problem persists. Even with that album deleted it still is the only artwork displayed on the widget and if I go to the music app it automatically loads that album even though it has been deleted.

This is a massive over sight by the developers and testing team. Very disappointed.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 3:36 PM

Hello Shaneatron,

We see that you're having trouble with your album art showing incorrectly. Could you confirm for us how you sync your music to your iPhone?

Manually? Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Or via Sync Library? Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 3:36 PM in response to Shaneatron

Hello Shaneatron,

We see that you're having trouble with your album art showing incorrectly. Could you confirm for us how you sync your music to your iPhone?

Manually? Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Or via Sync Library? Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Oct 4, 2020 9:36 AM in response to Shaneatron

Thanks for getting back to us Shaneatron,

Just to confirm, was it loading the original album art that is deleted, or was it displaying the incorrect art? If it is displaying the default album artwork after the artwork is deleted, than this is perfectly normal as the system will pull from the default art of the album in the iTunes Store.

If not, then we recommend that you Contact Apple Support so they can look into this further with you.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Oct 4, 2020 5:33 PM in response to jeremy_v

Sorry you completely misunderstood. Not to be rude but did you even read what I wrote?

I played 3 different bands/albums and the entire time it showed the art work of none of those 3 artists. I showed the last artist to be played before I added the widget. I deleted that album from my library and deleted the widget and the deleted artist/album persisted to be shown when I added the widget back to desktop. The widget started to change the artwork but it never shows the correct artwork.

Also there are questions regarding this exact same problem going back to 2018 on this site, so this is not something new.

Music app displays the same album artwork and never updates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.