Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got an email from "Apple" to unlock my account...

I got an email from what looks like an Apple email and I was told I had wrong password so many times that in 12 hours my account will be locked if I don't "unlock" it with the link in their email.

It looks like fraud to me, but I have to ask because I actually had some trouble with my passwords because I was typing the wrong one because I didn't know I was supposed to use my Apple account password...

The Apple logo is in the email, but the email address looks like a scam to me.

I just want to be sure so I can delete the email

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 3:59 AM

• Apple would not warn of a pending account issue, giving you a deadline to fix the issue. 
  • Apple does not include document, or PDF files to download.
  • Apple would not refer to you as Dear Customer, Dear Client, or anything other than the name on file for your account.
  • Apple would not have such horrible spelling or grammar. 
  • Apple would not send a message to “Undisclosed Recipients”. 

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

If you provided your Apple ID and password at the bogus site, change your password immediately.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201355

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 3:59 AM in response to RuthfromNorway

• Apple would not warn of a pending account issue, giving you a deadline to fix the issue. 
  • Apple does not include document, or PDF files to download.
  • Apple would not refer to you as Dear Customer, Dear Client, or anything other than the name on file for your account.
  • Apple would not have such horrible spelling or grammar. 
  • Apple would not send a message to “Undisclosed Recipients”. 

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

If you provided your Apple ID and password at the bogus site, change your password immediately.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201355

Got an email from "Apple" to unlock my account...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.