Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change gift card country

I bought App Store gift card from Mexico, but I couldn’t redeem the money in my US account.

Is it possible to replace it or get another one applicable with US App store.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 8:09 AM

You will need to purchase a US gift card to use on your US Apple ID. If you are still in Mexico, you will need to get someone in the US to purchase a card on your behalf or find an online store that sells US iTunes gift cards.

Since you have scratched off the seal in your attempt to use the Mexican card, it is likely that the store won't allow you to return it. You will probably need to sell or give your unused Mexican card to a Mexican friend or relative.

Buena suerte.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 8:09 AM in response to sofi71

You will need to purchase a US gift card to use on your US Apple ID. If you are still in Mexico, you will need to get someone in the US to purchase a card on your behalf or find an online store that sells US iTunes gift cards.

Since you have scratched off the seal in your attempt to use the Mexican card, it is likely that the store won't allow you to return it. You will probably need to sell or give your unused Mexican card to a Mexican friend or relative.

Buena suerte.

Change gift card country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.