Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover the App Store after mistakenly deleting

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 6:25 PM

flying.boy wrote:
ScreenTime settings do not include any reference to App Store (though Apple Store and iTunes Store are both listed).

The Screen Time setting that makes the App Store app disappear is the Apple Store and iTunes Store section. If set to "Don't Allow" the App Store app will not be visible. See the following from Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

To prevent iTunes & App Store purchases or downloads:

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time. 
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
  3. Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases.
  4. Choose a setting and set to Don't Allow.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 6:25 PM in response to flying.boy

flying.boy wrote:
ScreenTime settings do not include any reference to App Store (though Apple Store and iTunes Store are both listed).

The Screen Time setting that makes the App Store app disappear is the Apple Store and iTunes Store section. If set to "Don't Allow" the App Store app will not be visible. See the following from Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

To prevent iTunes & App Store purchases or downloads:

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time. 
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
  3. Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases.
  4. Choose a setting and set to Don't Allow.

Sep 26, 2020 3:35 PM in response to ZayLoc91

The App Store app is not one of the built-in apps that can be deleted. See: Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

However with iOS 14 it can be "Removed." That means that it is still on your iPhone in the App Library. Swipe left on the home screen(s) until you get to the App Library, then touch and hold the App Store app there and slide it to the left onto the home screen.

Sep 26, 2020 4:16 PM in response to flying.boy

flying.boy Said:

"Whether it can be deleted or not, the App Store app has vanished from my iPhone 6 running IOS 12.4.8. How can I restore it? (The solution already suggested is for IOS14 and doesn't help with IOS12.4.8). Is there a way to reinstall IOS to recover this app?"

-------

Perhaps this has Become Hidden?

Is it officially the App Store? Or is an app you purchased from the App Store? If an app you purchased (and not the App Store itself)... perhaps this app you speak of has become a hidden purchase? To see if that is the case, unhide it.

Sep 26, 2020 6:04 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Swiss army proverb- "When the map and the terrain disagree, follow the terrain".

I have not deleted the App Store app, it has vanished from my phone. When I search for App Store it can't be found. ScreenTime settings do not include any reference to App Store (though Apple Store and iTunes Store are both listed).

I've just tried using my iMac to update the iPhone from Recovery Mode, apparently successfully, but the problem remains.

1. Surely a re-installation of 12.4.8 should have restored App Store?
  2. What among my settings might be barring the App Store app?

This is all very frustrating, but I am grateful for all and any suggestions.

Sep 26, 2020 5:09 PM in response to TheLittles

What is missing is the standard App Store app with the big blue A as its icon. It is in none of the screens. I thought it may be because I had an out of date payments card, but I fixed that and the app has not reappeared. I have not deliberately tried to delete or hide the app. I recently upgraded to IOS 12.4.8 from the prior version, but I don't know when the app disappeared.

Sep 26, 2020 5:19 PM in response to FoxFifth

I did the search (thanks for the link) and the only items found were Apple Store and Itunes Store. There were references to it in Siri, one which was clickable and took me to apple.com website for App Store with various icons including the big blue A. I was invited to open the app - up popped a message saying "Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid". The only option out is "OK". The same thing happens if I scroll down the page a long way where there is another opportunity to Open the app. Something has gone badly wrong ... What have I done??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.