Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone SE. Can't set it up. When I try, the "allow" screen tells me someone in Alabama is trying to log into my phone using my Apple ID. I live and am sitting at my desk in Boise Idaho.

What is going on that I get a message someone in Alabama is using my login? I just want this phone to work. The folks at the AT&T store thought they had me ready to go when I got home, but didn't set up the phone in the store. I have no idea what is going on.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 4:28 PM

blick wrote:

What is going on that I get a message someone in Alabama is using my login? I just want this phone to work. The folks at the AT&T store thought they had me ready to go when I got home, but didn't set up the phone in the store. I have no idea what is going on.

This sounds like you are using 2FA and trying to sign in.

If your ISP/Cellular provider has registered the IP address being assigned to you, it will give you this type of message.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204915

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 4:28 PM in response to blick

blick wrote:

This sounds like you are using 2FA and trying to sign in.

If your ISP/Cellular provider has registered the IP address being assigned to you, it will give you this type of message.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204915

New iPhone SE. Can't set it up. When I try, the "allow" screen tells me someone in Alabama is trying to log into my phone using my Apple ID. I live and am sitting at my desk in Boise Idaho.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.