Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not the the Apple ID used to purchase

If someone bought me a laptop from Apple now I try and update apps it’s saying not bought with my Apple ID what ID are they referring to ? The purchasers ? And if so if I do delete IMovie and a few other apps do I have to pay$ for them for them to be reinstalled?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 7:24 PM

Click here and follow the instructions. If you can't accept them into your Apple ID and the order wasn't customized with paid preloaded applications, delete and redownload them.

GarageBand, iMovie, Keynote, Numbers, and Pages can be redownloaded for free. If you encounter this issue with other applications, such as Final Cut Pro, don't delete them.

(184305)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2020 7:24 PM in response to chazz208

Click here and follow the instructions. If you can't accept them into your Apple ID and the order wasn't customized with paid preloaded applications, delete and redownload them.

GarageBand, iMovie, Keynote, Numbers, and Pages can be redownloaded for free. If you encounter this issue with other applications, such as Final Cut Pro, don't delete them.

(184305)

Sep 26, 2020 7:24 PM in response to chazz208

If the applications that need updating are Apple applications that came with the computer, try going to the App Store Purchases tab or click on your profile and then go to Purchases to see if there is an option to accept the applications with your Apple ID. If that doesn't work, you can delete the applications and download them with your Apple ID. The applications are free. You may have to sign out of the App Store, restart the computer, and sign back in to download new copies.

Get updates for preinstalled apps on Mac

Not the the Apple ID used to purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.