Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hacked with jailbreak???

Hi,

I received a SMS message which I knew was a phishing attempt. But I accidentally clicked on the link. It took me to an unsecured website which didn’t open.

however, when I opened my IKEA app today it said “Warning! It is not recommend to use this app on a jailbroken device”

have I been hacked? I didn’t think this was possible? What can I do?

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 11:18 AM

JimCatt wrote:

Hi,

I received a SMS message which I knew was a phishing attempt. But I accidentally clicked on the link. It took me to an unsecured website which didn’t open.

however, when I opened my IKEA app today it said “Warning! It is not recommend to use this app on a jailbroken device”

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/b4dd7fa6-c372-4329-a3a9-714302743c7d

Had you updated to iOS 14 before using the Ikea app?

Changes in iOS 14 seemed to have triggered this message in many apps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 11:18 AM in response to JimCatt

JimCatt wrote:

Hi,

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/b4dd7fa6-c372-4329-a3a9-714302743c7d

Had you updated to iOS 14 before using the Ikea app?

Changes in iOS 14 seemed to have triggered this message in many apps.

Oct 3, 2020 12:04 PM in response to JimCatt

I have had the same happen to me today! I rang up Apple and the first person spoke to me and said “ uh um there’s nothing we can do” when you buy something from Apple you expect the warranty to be up to standards! Second person basically said reset all passwords, helpful not. My friend downloaded the app and nothing came up on hers. Have you found out whether or not it’s a scam or not?

iPhone hacked with jailbreak???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.