Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor connection iPhone 11

I upgraded my phone about 3-4 months ago from an iPhone 7 to iPhone 11 and I have noticed a bad change in numerous connections. The first thing I noticed is that my WiFi signal at my home doesn’t stretch as far anymore and I can’t go outside and stay connected with a decent connection. Not a huge deal so I just turn off WiFi until I go back inside but I feel like I should have to do that. I am only 100 feet (with walls) from my router.

The second connection issue (which is way worse than first) I have noticed is that sometimes safari browser takes FOREVER to load and it says I have full bars plus LTE service and I’m in the middle of a good area. Often times it takes so long to load that it times out and doesn’t work- does the same thing for some apps like Facebook and YouTube videos.

Why would the connection get worse from a 7 to an 11? Makes no sense to me.. please help!

I purchased the apple care warranty but I feel like this may be a hardware issue.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 6:37 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 4, 2020 1:30 PM in response to Fossan1201

Hi Fossan1201,

Congrats on your new iPhone! We understand you're experiencing multiple issues with your upgrade to an iPhone 11:

1. lessened Wi-Fi signal strength
  2. Safari slow to load over LTE, plus additional apps

First let's check our Wi-Fi assist feature in Settings > Wi-Fi to ensure it's set up the same as your older device, so the behavior can be the same as you expect:

About Wi-Fi Assist

Next, try the following:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Feel free to keep us updated and have a good one.

Oct 5, 2020 6:56 AM in response to Fossan1201

Hi Fossan1201,

Thanks for clarifying. In addition to the steps mentioned previously, add the troubleshooting steps below, then test out the connection speed in various environments:

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Use this link to close and clear your open tabs in Safari:

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone

It's important to know if this occurs over Cellular Data as well as other Wi-Fi networks. Separately test when Bluetooth is turned off, then with LTE turned off, and lastly, try turning off Private Address in Settings > Wi-Fi > "i" (information button).

Let us know if there's improvement for either.

Take care.

Poor connection iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.