Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Lenovo Type-C charger (20V) with Macbook Pro 2019 (20.3V)?

My Lenovo Thinkpad laptop came with a Type-C charger that has multiple output specs.

The output specification of the Lenovo charger is: 20V/3.25A, 15V/3A, 9V/2A, 5V/2A.

Can I use this charger to charge my Macbook Pro 2019?

The output specification of the Apple Type-C charger that came with my Macbook is: 20.3V/3A, 15V/3A, 9V/3A and 5.2V/3A.

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply
5 replies

Sep 28, 2020 7:59 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

Because I am not looking for another Apple adapter. My question has nothing got to do with Lenovo but only specs. My intention is to understand what of my resources can be reused for other purposes. From my knowledge, they seem compatible. But before trying I want to know from experience or knowledge if it is harmful for the device or not.

Sep 28, 2020 8:17 AM in response to abjoyy

We can only advise you what works as specified by Apple. I provided the link to Apple's guidance regarding what works. I don't think, but I may be wrong, that Apple goes out and tests all available third party chargers to see if they work. And the odds of you finding another user here who has exactly your combination of computers and chargers and have intermixed them to test whether they work interchangeably is slim.

But I do hope someome with your components and configuration stops by and provides additional guidance.

Can I use Lenovo Type-C charger (20V) with Macbook Pro 2019 (20.3V)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.