Can I charge my MacBook Air M2 with 65w Lenovo USB-C charger ? 

I have a 65w Lenovo USB-C charger and I was wondering if I could charge my MacBook Air M2 (2023) with it without any problems? is this compatible? Because I just lost my apple charger and I was wondering while waiting for a new one If I could use this one.

MacBook Air, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 8:37 AM

You can use it with no ill effect.

Excerpted from Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support,

"If your Mac uses USB-C to charge, you can charge your Mac laptop with any USB-C power adapter or display. You can safely use a power adapter or display with higher or lower wattage than the adapter included with your Mac."

If you use a power adapter with a lower power output than the one included with your Mac, it will not charge as quickly, but it will not damage anything.

Charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Conversely, using power adapters with a higher power output will not damage anything either: Fast charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2023 8:37 AM in response to Charlotteglls

You can use it with no ill effect.

Excerpted from Identify your Mac power adapter - Apple Support,

"If your Mac uses USB-C to charge, you can charge your Mac laptop with any USB-C power adapter or display. You can safely use a power adapter or display with higher or lower wattage than the adapter included with your Mac."

If you use a power adapter with a lower power output than the one included with your Mac, it will not charge as quickly, but it will not damage anything.

Charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Conversely, using power adapters with a higher power output will not damage anything either: Fast charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Can I charge my MacBook Air M2 with 65w Lenovo USB-C charger ? 

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.