Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s plus camera auto-focus doesn't work after update to iOS 14.

I had installed the new iOS 14 and now my camera cannot focus at any object.

In photo mode my camera can not focus at any object.

In video mode the lens clicks frequently (tries to focus on something but failed).

This has never happened before. Even at the last day, when iOS 13.7 was installed in my phone, I have done a lot of good quality photos.

I even tried Reset All Settings.

Please, Apple fix asap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJV7UwcQJ3c&feature=youtu.be

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 6:22 AM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2020 5:14 PM in response to dzmitry50

Hey there dzmitry50,

We see that you are having some issues with the quality of your camera after updating to iOS 14. We would love to assist you with resolving this.

So that we can better assist you with this issue, we would like to ask a question:

• Does this issue occur in any other camera-enabled apps?

Check out this resource that may assist you with troubleshooting the camera not working as expected: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

Also, try restarting and force restarting the iPhone using these steps:

When reviewing the last resource, pay specific attention to the steps in the section titled "If your screen is black or frozen".

Hope this helps!

Take care.

Oct 5, 2020 1:31 PM in response to dzmitry50

Hey dzmitry50,

Thank you so much for providing those details to us so that we can better assist you. If you have already completed the restore of the iPhone back to factory settings then the next step would be contact Apple Support over the phone and have diagnostics ran with a phone advisor.

To find the best contact number for Apple Support, check out this link that we have included that provides contact numbers based on your country/region that you reside in: Contact Apple for support and service

Hope this helps.

Best wishes to you on your journey.

Oct 5, 2020 11:32 AM in response to CarlAVII

Hello PsyDye!

I have just tried a lot of camera and photo applications (Instagram, viber, VSCO, Focos, LENS, BitCam) and I can say: yes, this issue probably occurs in all of them.

I also tried to reset my phone to the factory settings and it didn't help.

Is there a chance that my camera was down almost at the same time with my update to iOS 14? I have this issue only with the main camera, front camera works fine. I am ready to contact to any service and replace rear camera, but I want to be sure if it is the reason.

Thank you for your help!

Iphone 6s plus camera auto-focus doesn't work after update to iOS 14.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.