Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 - no connection after update to iOS14

Hi,

After updating my iPhone7 to iOS14 it is impossible to have a connection with the network.

I took my phone to the service provided by apple in Romania. (My phone is bought in Hong Kong in September 2016). They just sent me the answer that my phone is not eligible for repair. Their proposal is that I pay for a replacement which is ridiculously expensive.

May I know what can be the issue?

I also have an ipad and a MacBook Pro and this issue is extremely inconvenient.

Thank you

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 9:54 AM

6 replies

Sep 28, 2020 11:53 AM in response to ruccu

you may have a hardware problem and if that is the case you will need to buy a replacement if you want Apple to service it.

First try a forced restart

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

If that does not help the next procedure would be to restore your device, and setup the device as new without restoring a backup, then after setting up restore the backup

I would first make sure you have a backup so your data is saved.

Here is a guide for those steps:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

and see how it goes

If it works well restore from backup

restore from backup.

Sep 28, 2020 10:33 PM in response to LD150

Once I’ll get it back from service I’ll try these too. They have told me it can’t be fixed tho.

It is quite inconvenient to be asked to pay the price of a new SE if I want to repair it... for a fault that is not mine nor was I warned this update will make my phone useless... because honestly I need to use my network coverage when I have a phone, I didn’t buy to play games or stay on WiFi. I am quite upset and not sure with whom shall I communicate to complain about this.

iPhone 7 - no connection after update to iOS14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.