Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I stop getting my whole family's photos on my iphone?

How can I stop getting my whole family's photos on my phone. I have a separate apple ID and my own cloud storage, but I still see everyone's photos. It is driving me crazy.

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 12:41 PM

Apple IDs should not be shared. Each person should have their own Apple ID.

If you are still getting your family's photos, then it means you have not actually signed out of the Apple ID entirely. Probably you signed out of the iTunes and app Stroes, but not out of iCloud.

Make sure iCloud has been singed out of the shared Apple ID in Settings->Account(top of settings).

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the Sign out option. Then sign in with your own Apple ID.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2020 12:41 PM in response to shona166

Apple IDs should not be shared. Each person should have their own Apple ID.

If you are still getting your family's photos, then it means you have not actually signed out of the Apple ID entirely. Probably you signed out of the iTunes and app Stroes, but not out of iCloud.

Make sure iCloud has been singed out of the shared Apple ID in Settings->Account(top of settings).

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the Sign out option. Then sign in with your own Apple ID.

Sep 28, 2020 12:57 PM in response to shona166

Then the Photos are no longer shared. When you signed out, it should have asked you if you wanted to preserve the iCloud content on your iPhone, you would have needed to answer "no" then to have all the shared photos removed.

As it stands now, you would have to manually delete them from the iPhone if you no longer want them. If you correctly signed out of iCloud, there is no longer any connection to the Family Album.

How to I stop getting my whole family's photos on my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.