You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 16" i9 HDMI Interlaced output not working

I can't seem to output via HDMI from my MacBook Pro 16" i9 at 1080 60i. Even though I have the display preferences set for 1080 60i, the computer outputs 1080 60p. I tried forcing it to 60i using a preference pane called SwitchResX and I still can't output interlaced, only progressive, regardless of an interlaced setting. I have several devices that tell me the output is progressive and not interlaced. Is this a bug? is there a work around?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 1:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 1:38 AM

chained adapters may not work. (Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support)

• If you're using more than one video adapter to connect your display (the adapters are "chained" together), try connecting the display using only one adapter if possible. Some video adapters can't be connected together. For example, a mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter can't be connected to a DVI to HDMI adapter.

Hope it helps.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2020 1:38 AM in response to John Hillman1

chained adapters may not work. (Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support)

• If you're using more than one video adapter to connect your display (the adapters are "chained" together), try connecting the display using only one adapter if possible. Some video adapters can't be connected together. For example, a mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter can't be connected to a DVI to HDMI adapter.

Hope it helps.

MacBook Pro 16" i9 HDMI Interlaced output not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.