Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight not working properly

I prefer to use spotlight to find the apps I want to use on my iPad mini. However, spotlight doesn’t work as it is supposed to. It doesn’t find some of the apps I’m searching for. Strangely it seems it only relates to apple apps (messages, safari, mail & reminders). I’ve had this issue for awhile and have tries fixes such as turning spotlight off and on, changing the language and today I even restored the iPad from a backup but the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

Best,

Anders

iPad mini, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 8:30 AM

Greetings Anders Wilhelmsson,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like the search results are not showing some apps.

If you uninstall and reinstall an app, does it appear in the search results?

"You can change the search settings to limit which apps and results appear while you're searching. Here's how:

1. Go to Settings and tap Siri & Search.
  2. Scroll down and select an app.
  3. Then select Suggest App, Show App in Search, Show Content in Search, or Suggest Shortcuts for App.

To turn off Siri Suggestions for all apps, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and turn off the settings you want."

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 8:30 AM in response to Anders Wilhelmsson

Greetings Anders Wilhelmsson,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like the search results are not showing some apps.

If you uninstall and reinstall an app, does it appear in the search results?

"You can change the search settings to limit which apps and results appear while you're searching. Here's how:

1. Go to Settings and tap Siri & Search.
  2. Scroll down and select an app.
  3. Then select Suggest App, Show App in Search, Show Content in Search, or Suggest Shortcuts for App.

To turn off Siri Suggestions for all apps, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and turn off the settings you want."

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

Spotlight not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.