Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios spotlight not working (tried EVERYTHING)

Here is a tricky one guys… my ios spotlight is not working. I swipe my finger from top to bottom to search for an app or anything else… and nothing happens

Classic, right? Not really… Here is what I tried:

1 - I tried changing language - nothing

2 - I tried resetting it (volume up, volume down, hold right button) - it works right after reset but then it stops working after few minutes.

3 - I even restored my iPhone to factory defaults and then rebuilt it from icloud backup - again the same issue.

my guess is there is something in my apps / data that crashes the spotlight whenever my iPhone is rebuilding spotlight index. That would mean I will have this issue even if I upgrade to a new phone.

Any ideas?

How do I check what apps were recently installed so I can try deleting them?

How do I check what causes issue in my search index?

Thank you in advance!!

TK

oh.. it’s iPhone 12 pro with ios 15.2.1

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 6:03 AM

9 replies

Feb 16, 2022 3:55 PM in response to khajotia

Hi there,

I'm glad, that I'm not alone…

I have exactly the same issue, and I also tried all of the above. And I'm also thinking that is something with some app because I just bought a brand new iPhone 13 Pro and I was migrating the data from my old iPhone 11 and everything was working correctly until the end (probably the last app, or something). And then suddenly it stops working. After restart, I have like two or three tries, after that is dead. The same is in Settings and other apps.

And of course - I have the newest iOS possible (iOS 15.3.1). And this is iPhone 13 Pro.

ios spotlight not working (tried EVERYTHING)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.