Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have my sons, MacBook Air. I bought it for him 2 years ago. He tried to wipe the memory to hand it down to his brother. Now it will not boot up; only gives a ? in a box. It has AppleCare. I need help sending to you.

I have my sons, MacBook Air. I bought it for him 2 years ago. He tried to wipe the memory to hand it down to his brother. Now I only get a question ? in a box after turning the computer on. When I bought it; I purchased Apple care. I need to send this laptop to Apple for help.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 4:55 PM

Your son started out the right way, but there is one last step.

The flashing question mark means it doesn't have an operating system: If your Mac displays a question mark at startup - Apple Support. Reinstalling macOS will fix it. Follow these instructions: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery.

You don't have to send it to Apple, but you certainly can if you wish. Start here: Start a repair request online, or Contact Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2020 4:55 PM in response to ME_on_Sept_28th

Your son started out the right way, but there is one last step.

The flashing question mark means it doesn't have an operating system: If your Mac displays a question mark at startup - Apple Support. Reinstalling macOS will fix it. Follow these instructions: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery.

You don't have to send it to Apple, but you certainly can if you wish. Start here: Start a repair request online, or Contact Support.

I have my sons, MacBook Air. I bought it for him 2 years ago. He tried to wipe the memory to hand it down to his brother. Now it will not boot up; only gives a ? in a box. It has AppleCare. I need help sending to you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.