Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie audio clip size

Is it possible to make the audio clips in the iMove timeline larger? To make them easier to edit.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 9:33 AM

You can select the clip and do a Modify/Detach Audio. That will give you a separate audio clip of large size. When you select the audio and video clip at the same time then, when you make a split in one, the other will split at the same place. You would need to share out to merge the audio and video clips back together again, although it would not be necessary to do that.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2020 9:33 AM in response to junkrancher

You can select the clip and do a Modify/Detach Audio. That will give you a separate audio clip of large size. When you select the audio and video clip at the same time then, when you make a split in one, the other will split at the same place. You would need to share out to merge the audio and video clips back together again, although it would not be necessary to do that.

-- Rich

Sep 29, 2020 8:51 AM in response to Rich839

Hi Rich

Thanks very much for your response. Unfortunately, I had already tried both those things and had the audio clips already at max size (at least using those solutions).

If you see the screen capture, it's from my 32" monitor. I would LOVE to get the blue audio clips to be the same height as the video clips in the timeline, but I'm beginning to think that may not be doable.

Thanks again - all the best

Tony

Sep 28, 2020 6:15 PM in response to junkrancher

Hi, junkrancher,

Yes, you can make your audio clips larger.

Expand your timeline with the slider located above the timeline to the right. That makes it much easier to edit audio clips.

Also, click on the Settings button above the timeline to the right and in the dialogue box that appears there is a slider that will let you increase the clip size.

-- Rich

imovie audio clip size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.