Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.0.1 connection issues

Since I got the iOS 14, my iPhone 11 PRO connection stopped working properly. No matter if WiFi or cellular data, both connections now are completely messed up and stop working while I try to navigate or download something.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 9:41 PM

12 replies

Oct 21, 2020 8:42 AM in response to JonteMik

After an hour on the telephone to Apple support they finally found the problem in a rogue tracking blocker. I have been using an app called "Lockdown" which installs a VPN. The problem was caused by an update to Lockdown which hadn't been adequately tested. "Lockdown" have apologised and they themselves offered the following fixes:

"We recently released a Lockdown update that, for some users, caused their internet to disconnect unexpectedly. We're sincerely sorry for this, and we're writing to you to take responsibility, provide transparency, and most importantly, tell you the simple fix for this issue:

1. Open the Lockdown app.
  2. Turn off Firewall.
  3. Turn on Firewall.

That should fix the issue. If not, then you'll need to do the following:

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap "VPN".
  3. Tap "Lockdown Configuration".
  4. Tap "Delete VPN".
  5. Open the Lockdown app.
  6. Tap to activate and re-install the Lockdown Firewall."

I must take my hat off to the person on Apple's 1st line support desk. Once I had made my way through third line support I eventually made it to the top and all credit to that person they diagnosed the problem in less than a minute and it was sorted. In my case it was "delete the VPN".

Others with this problem may not be using "Lockdown" but it might be worthwhile checking the active VPNs in Settings / General / VPN and see if there's anything untoward there.

Best of luck

Sep 29, 2020 2:39 AM in response to Dbbs_rj

I have the same issue after I updated my iphone 11 pro max to 14.0.1., whatsapp and other few apps seem to not see the internet. other apps works fine. strange that this basic functionality was not well tested. I don't want to reinstall my phone so I will wait for apple to fix it. I hope it won't take ages.

Oct 18, 2020 11:32 PM in response to Dbbs_rj

I have the same problem and I don’t use a VPN! I’m using iOS 14.0.1 on an iPhone 11 and I Pad 3. I have a mesh network. Can connect to home network and internet but the WiFi symbol goes off on the top of both devices. Some apps, particularly those using high levels of encryption say. No connection.

Have tried: resetting devices, resetting router, resetting mesh network. Even tried good old fashioned turn it all off, count to 10, turn it all on again. No joy.

it doesn’t seem to affect the Mac or my wife’s laptop nor does it seem to affect my wife’s iPhone which is a 9. So it seems to be a combination of later phones and 14.0.1.

Frustration levels running high.

Oct 21, 2020 8:08 AM in response to Penval

Think "Airplane" mode on and off should temporarily solve the issue, however really annoying as it takes some time for the phone to establish data connection with operator after Airplane mode...

For me it is an issue when I leave a WIFI for some reason it wont go over to Mobile Data (LTE/UMTS) connection... I did not have this issue before 14.0.1 upgrade and I don't use any VPN service on that phone (iPhone X).

iOS 14.0.1 connection issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.