Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth mouse and keyboard aren’t connected so I can’t login to my iMac...HELP!

I am unable to login to my iMac because the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are not connected. What do I do to get in there and reconnect them?

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 7:07 AM

Hi, welcome to the Apple Users Community.

As long as you are using a magic keyboard you can connect with the lightning cable used to charge it.

When the iMac has loaded up to the Finder Desktop hit the F4 key to bring up the launch pad, where you can use the arrow keys to get to the System Preferences. From there you can check Bluetooth and Mouse setups.

Keeping a wired mouse as a backup is wise too, hope this helps.

Best of luck

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2020 7:07 AM in response to GoLiLiGo

Hi, welcome to the Apple Users Community.

As long as you are using a magic keyboard you can connect with the lightning cable used to charge it.

When the iMac has loaded up to the Finder Desktop hit the F4 key to bring up the launch pad, where you can use the arrow keys to get to the System Preferences. From there you can check Bluetooth and Mouse setups.

Keeping a wired mouse as a backup is wise too, hope this helps.

Best of luck

Bluetooth mouse and keyboard aren’t connected so I can’t login to my iMac...HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.