Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different ID

My daughter gave me her iphone and I connected it to my Apple ID and email. However, when I go to the Apple Store for updating apps, it still asks my daughter’s password, which is linked to another ID. Even if I’m connected to my ID. Therefore, it seems that my iPhone is working with two Apples ID.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 7:04 AM

If your daughter didn't do the steps in the article below to reset the phone to 'factory' settings, the phone still has apps on it that were downloaded using her Apple ID.

Selling/Giving Away Device.      

Those purchases are tied to her ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by her ID and download them using your ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2020 7:04 AM in response to luciana246

If your daughter didn't do the steps in the article below to reset the phone to 'factory' settings, the phone still has apps on it that were downloaded using her Apple ID.

Selling/Giving Away Device.      

Those purchases are tied to her ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by her ID and download them using your ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

Different ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.