Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong language in Apple Music – ignoring system language settings

For as long as I can remember, I have been using all my applications in "English".

Since I live in Germany, Apple Music is now constantly showing content in German, while the menu and the app sections (For You, Browse etc.) in the left sidebar are still English. Instead of “Playlists You Need to Hear” it reads now (“Diese Playlist musst du hören” or instead of “Recently Played” it shows “Kürzlich gespielt” and everything else I can read in Music is now German. Even my account information has now changed to German, which was always English. 

Obviously, the content being displayed is in the language of the region I live in (which is Germany) and my preferred system language settings ‘English’ are being incorrectly ignored.

I've already tried signing in and out, restarting Music and the Mac – didn't help :(

(Actually I managed to get English back this way for a few seconds, but then everything changes back to German while Music is open).

This behaviour is very confusing and quite annoying.

How can this be fixed?

Strangely, my default ‘English’ language settings still seem to work correctly on my iPhone and iPad.

Even the App Store on the Mac still shows everything in English. However Apple TV is showing the same odd behaviour on MacOS and iOS. 

Apple – PLEASE FIX THIS !!!!! 

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 3:43 AM

6 replies

Oct 1, 2020 10:04 AM in response to Mark 4D

I just noticed this on my Mac as well and it's infuriating. What bothers me most is that all the playlists I had saved had their titles changed and the sidebar is sorted alphabetically, so they all changed order.

From what I can tell this has to do with the region set in your Apple ID; everything is now using the language of the country you have selected. Ultimately I'm not sure it's really possible to change it, because I think your region needs to match your payment information (where your credit card was issued).

It's definitely a horrible change. I hope they add an option to set the language independently of region, although I don't have a lot of faith in Apple for anything anymore.

Oct 4, 2020 6:37 AM in response to Mark 4D

I have a similar issue. My primary language is set to English (US), I live in Slovenia and my country of origin is Ukraine but for some reason my apple music have recently changed from English to Russian? Why? I'm not even from Russia and have no connection whatsoever with this language! I hope Apple would fix this issue or at least, the community will find a workaround, this is so incredibly frustrating!

Wrong language in Apple Music – ignoring system language settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.