Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music is defaulting to Spanish when the preference is showing English US???? How do I change

I opened the Apple Music on my MacBook Pro 15 (2015) and find that the headers are written in Spanish.

I have 'Musica' instead of 'Music'. I checked my preferences for the Music application and it shows the default "English US". I logged into the Apple Music again and it looked correct until I clicked on the 'For You'(heart) tab. It changed over to Spanish at that point.

Nothing against my Spanish speaking friends, but I'd like to keep my computer speaking English. I understand it better.

FYI - the News App and others are still showing English.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 9:27 AM

Hi PewLeader,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having trouble with Music showing up in a different language. We’re happy to help.

First, make sure you’re running the latest macOS version:

How to update the software on your Mac

Then, sign out of Music and restart your Mac to see if the issue persists.

If it does, create a new user account and test to see if the issue persists there:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If it does, contact Apple Support.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2020 9:27 AM in response to PewLeader

Hi PewLeader,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having trouble with Music showing up in a different language. We’re happy to help.

First, make sure you’re running the latest macOS version:

How to update the software on your Mac

Then, sign out of Music and restart your Mac to see if the issue persists.

If it does, create a new user account and test to see if the issue persists there:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If it does, contact Apple Support.

Take care.

Apple Music is defaulting to Spanish when the preference is showing English US???? How do I change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.