Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDCP

I rented a movie on Apple TV app on my Mac laptop (updated to macOS Catalina 10.15.7) but am not able to play it. My display is not HDCP compatible?

Can you help?

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 12:28 PM

Halcyon315 Said:

"Thanks for the response. I downloaded to my MacBook laptop and tried viewing on the laptop. I external monitors or airplay is being used. I’ve never had the problem before so I assume it’s an error with the rental and/or download."

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Request a new download.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2020 12:28 PM in response to Halcyon315

Halcyon315 Said:

"Thanks for the response. I downloaded to my MacBook laptop and tried viewing on the laptop. I external monitors or airplay is being used. I’ve never had the problem before so I assume it’s an error with the rental and/or download."

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Request a new download.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Sep 29, 2020 11:25 AM in response to Halcyon315

If you play the iTunes Store movie on the notebook screen, then that should be HDCP compliant.

If you have the movie on an external screen, then that can introduce a non-HDCP compliant component (HDMI or otherwise).

You may want to de-activate screen mirroring software and hardware, screen sharing software, remote access software, etc.

If none of these applies, then the message itself may be in error.

HDCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.