Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Health App stopped recording my steps about 4 days ago. I checked all my settings and cannot se anything that would stop this from happening. Any thoughts on how to fix this??

Any ideas how to get this app to work again??

thank you....

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 11:05 AM

5 replies

Oct 5, 2020 7:38 PM in response to Harry_357

Harry_357,

Thanks for updating us with this information, and we'd like to see if we can find a resolution to this for you.

As you're not using an external device to assist in tracking steps, are you using any different apps to track steps to see if those track the data to be able to compare with the Health app?

Do you see that any data is being recorded for your steps or are they not being tracked at all?

As for tracking the steps, you'd just want to make sure that the Health app is set up with your personal information as outlined via the following resource:

Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Cheers!

Oct 6, 2020 9:29 AM in response to Harry_357

Welcome back Larry,

We're committed to working towards a resolution with you so you're able to track your steps again as you were doing previously.

You mentioned that you have another iPhone 7 Plus that is still working as normal, has that iPhone been updated to the latest version of iOS as well?

As you're not using any other apps to track the steps to be able to isolate this fully, we would recommend that you Contact Apple Support so they can dive into this with you in more detail to determine what may be causing this to happen.

We hope you have a great day!

Oct 5, 2020 4:55 PM in response to Harry_357

Good Afternoon Harry_357,

We see that your data has stopped recording in your Health App, and we understand wanting to be able to keep up with this information. You've come to the right place for help with this.

Are you using an Apple Watch or a different device? If you are using an Apple Watch, which Apple Watch are you using?

Are you seeing that the data is being recorded on your Apple Watch but not transitioning to your paired iPhone?

Have you checked to make sure that the software is up to date on your devices?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

Oct 5, 2020 8:07 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Thank you!!

The Health App has been working consistently since the phone was new, about 6 years now. It literally stopped working about 3 weeks ago.

Not using any other tracking” apps.

Did something change in the last update?? That is when it stopped working.... It was noticed probably a couple days after the update.

Our other iPhone 7+, that was purchased on the same day, continues to work just perfectly.....

Is there a physical device inside the phone that detects movement??

BR;

larry

My Health App stopped recording my steps about 4 days ago. I checked all my settings and cannot se anything that would stop this from happening. Any thoughts on how to fix this??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.