Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If you reset your iPad can you then install any older iOS version?

I have and old iPad 2 (model MC775TY/A) with iOS 9.3.5. I want to reset it to factory settings before I give it to a relative, and I wonder if then I can update it back to iOS 9.3.5 or if it has to stay with the factory iOS version. I am not sure if the iOS 9.3.5 is going to be available for download if is considered obsolete.

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 2:13 PM

Reseting your iPad will not change the terminal version of iOS - this being iOS 9.3.5 for WiFi Only models - or iOS 9.3.6 for WiFi & Cellular.

If preparing the iPad for a new owner, you should follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2020 2:13 PM in response to Kasiopeas

Reseting your iPad will not change the terminal version of iOS - this being iOS 9.3.5 for WiFi Only models - or iOS 9.3.6 for WiFi & Cellular.

If preparing the iPad for a new owner, you should follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you reset your iPad can you then install any older iOS version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.