Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 storage display issue

Hi, since the recent ios14.0.1 update I have notice the storage categories no longer refresh/update-see screenshot. Whilst I think the amount of storage used is correct the bar just shows my storage is at full capacity with “apps” I have tried a hard reset and turning flight mode on/off, have also deleted an app to see if that would force it to refresh the category sizes however it is still stuck on full. There is at least 30 gig of music that is not being displayed downloaded on the phone?

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 11:01 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 6, 2020 9:46 AM in response to Ticco05

Hello Ticco05,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

We see that you are seeing information that doesn't appear to be correct storage on your iPhone. We would recommend starting with the information in the following support article:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

"If storage on your device differs from what you see in Finder or iTunes

Since Finder and iTunes categorize cached files as Other, reported usage for Music or Videos might differ. To view usage on your device, go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage."

Best regards.

Oct 6, 2020 1:41 PM in response to Leanne_68

Thanks for the reply, however these options do not work I am unable to sync/back up the phone to my windows pc since iOS 14.0.2. I have tried hard rest and signing in and out of my iPhone but it still shows incorrect storage. I have not tried restoring as a new phone because I am unable to back the phone up.

cheers

iPhone 11 storage display issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.