Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I connect to anotoher WIFI network, my Mac will connect to it but not the interent even though the network is fine.

When I go to work, my mac will automatically connect to my Office's WIFI network. However when I try load a new webpage it won't connect to the internet and I have to restart my computer every time in order to get it to work. When I get back home, I have the same issue and I need to restart my computer again. Anyone experienced this or knows how to resolve it? This started after I updated to Mac OS 10.14.6 (18G103) in the last 2 weeks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 2:58 PM

As I understand it, in System Preferences we are able to choose which Wi-Fi network we wish to be connected to. I suggest that you open System Preferences and click on the Wi-Fi link on the left. Then check to make sure that both your home network and work networks have been set up to Automatically join this network. When you click on each, the box immediately below should be checked. This may be your problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2020 2:58 PM in response to 03lalwanig

As I understand it, in System Preferences we are able to choose which Wi-Fi network we wish to be connected to. I suggest that you open System Preferences and click on the Wi-Fi link on the left. Then check to make sure that both your home network and work networks have been set up to Automatically join this network. When you click on each, the box immediately below should be checked. This may be your problem.

When I connect to anotoher WIFI network, my Mac will connect to it but not the interent even though the network is fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.