Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after ios 141 i lost my quickest way to get to my emergency contact - I have cognitive issues - i need to be able to open my phone and slide the screen 1 time and get to that number - howa to i get rid of all that crap you've forced on me?

before the most recent update 14 1 i was able to open my phone and slide the screen once to get to my emergency contact number. now there is all sorts of stuff on that screen INSTEAD of my emergency contact - i NEED to be able to slide the screen ONCE and get to my emergency contact - please help me - i don't need any of that new stuff - i have cognitive issues and all those new widgets just confuse me.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 8:52 AM

It sounds as if you may be talking about the Favorites widget. That has been removed. You can download a third party app from the App Store that will do pretty much the same thing. Search for "Favorites widget". Or, you can use Siri, e.g. "Call Mom". Or you can use the Favorites tap in the Phone app.

You can also let Apple know you'd like to see that widget returned by submitting feedback:

Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 8:52 AM in response to usemap

It sounds as if you may be talking about the Favorites widget. That has been removed. You can download a third party app from the App Store that will do pretty much the same thing. Search for "Favorites widget". Or, you can use Siri, e.g. "Call Mom". Or you can use the Favorites tap in the Phone app.

You can also let Apple know you'd like to see that widget returned by submitting feedback:

Product Feedback - Apple

after ios 141 i lost my quickest way to get to my emergency contact - I have cognitive issues - i need to be able to open my phone and slide the screen 1 time and get to that number - howa to i get rid of all that crap you've forced on me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.