Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch App stuck on "Apple Watch is Syncing" screen, but is not actually syncing to an Apple Watch, how do I fix this?

I am trying to pair my IPhone 11 ios 14 with my Apple Watch 3rd generation. I have had them paired before, but I had to unpair them in order to update my apple watch to ios 7. When I paired them again after updating my watch everything was synced correctly, except the Fitness app on the IPhone was not synced with the fitness app on the watch. I tried to unpair the apple watch and IPhone, and the watch was reset, so now it is a blank apple watch, and I was pairing the watch and Iphone again and soon as it was done syncing, the apple watch and iphone randomly unpaired on both devices. Now the Apple Watch app on the iphone is frozen on the "Apple Watch is Syncing" screen and I am not able to pair my apple watch to my Iphone. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Apple watch is on the original start up screen when you first get it, so nothing I can do on there but reset it and turn it off.

Iphone I can open and close the Apple Watch app but every time it only shows the "Apple Watch is Syncing" screen and will not go away.

Help please!

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 8:32 AM

I cant do anything because this screen comes up everytime. Already have done every reset possible. Erased network settings, backups, etc. Phone and watch have been going haywire since new ios update. Products are too expensive to not work.

Similar questions

15 replies

Oct 2, 2020 4:02 AM in response to Se7enfor

Still having the same issue. Apple support told me to do a hard reset on my watch so that is my next step

Thank you for clarifying that for us. Are you able to restart your watch and iPhone to see if this resolves the issue? If your watch is unresponsive, are you able to force restart your watch? This article shows how: https://s.apple.com/dE3O3n9R4L

Which exact version of watchOS are you updated to?

Oct 4, 2020 5:37 AM in response to Se7enfor

I had a call with Apple Support yesterday and they told me that my series 2 watch is no longer compatible with my IPhone 11 Pro. They said since my watch cannot be upgraded to watch OS 7 the watch app won’t work and I can no longer sync calendars, change my watch faces and change complications. I don’t think they know what they are talking about. I did not have this issue with IOS14.0.0 it started with IOS 14.0.1 They told me I should upgrade my watch. That is crazy it still keeps time, gets text, gets calls, tracks my steps and heart rate. Hopefully this is addressed in the next update. If what they said is true then I should not get this screen when I open the watch app I should get a picture that says sorry your watch is no longer compatible to upgrade go to the Apple store .

Oct 1, 2020 10:07 AM in response to cleopatra34

I am running IOS14.0.1 on my Iphone 11 Pro. I have a series 2 watch running version 6.2.8. I am seeing some calendar events synched to my watch but not all. When I go into the watch app on my phone to resynch my calendar I get a screen that says Apple Watch Syncing. Your Apple watch is almost ready. You'll get an alert when its done, so you can use your Iphone as you normally would. If I hit back it gives me an option to cancel or reset. I am getting text alerts on my phone but not calendar events.

Oct 2, 2020 7:54 AM in response to Timlat81

I’ve reset all setting both my phone & watch so my watch is in factory mode now & needs to pair with my phone..but thats the thing, the watch app on my phone still syncing..last time i updated my watch to watchOS 6.2.8.. i want to update to OS7 but i need to agree with the terms in the watch app..and untill now my watch app is still stuck on ‘apple watch is syncing’

Oct 4, 2020 8:35 PM in response to Timlat81

Yup i agree with you..the notification should be ‘your watch is no longer compatible’..well its been a week now and im still havin the same issue of that syncing..screen still the same..my ip11 updated to 14.0.1, my s4 also updated to OS7 but still nothing change..i called Apple support, i brought to few mobile repair service, they all said the same thing, “you need to wait for another software update”..so for now i hve to wait for another update and let the apple support finish eating their apple😑

Apple Watch App stuck on "Apple Watch is Syncing" screen, but is not actually syncing to an Apple Watch, how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.