Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to send group text message when an Android is included in group

(reposting from an earlier post that didn't result in resolution, but had lots of people respond that they have the same issue. i have had this issue for several yrs now and would really like to resolve it!)

I can send normal iMessage texts normally and in groups. However, I cannot send messages to my group chat with one android and one iPhone in the group. I can see all of their messages, but mine do not go through. Sometimes it will say “message not sent” but usually

it doesn’t and it didn’t send at all. I have tried turning my iMessage, SMS, and MMS on and off, restarting my phone, and turning my data on and off. I also have this same issue why I try to send any text message with a photo/link/attachment to an Android user.

Thanks in advance for any help!

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 4:51 PM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2020 4:26 PM in response to lidldougherty

Hi lidldougherty,

We see you're having some trouble sending SMS messages to Android users, and we're here to help get this resolved!

To start, let's use the steps for group messages listed here: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You may also want to delete the text threads, and have the owners add you back to the group conversation.

If you continue to have issues, we would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

All the best!

Oct 12, 2020 8:37 AM in response to earbash07

Replying to my own question with the solution that FINALLY resolved this issue after several years that I’ve had this annoying challenge! I called Verizon support and thankfully got a tech agent that was familiar with the issue. She had me reset my Network Settings on my iPhone: Settings->General->Network Settings->Reset Network Settings. Hope others with this issue find this tip helpful.

unable to send group text message when an Android is included in group

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.