Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Restore Photos

Hi,

I recently had trouble with mi iPhone Xs and it wont turn on. So after being unable to fix it, I restored my icloud back up on an old iphone 8. Regardless, the photos are not being recovered. I understand that if icloud photos is turned on, photos should be stored directly on icloud photos, without being included in the icloud back up. BUT in my iphone Xs settings, I had selected the photo stream and shared album options in icloud photos, nothing else.

Does this mean that photos (older than 30 days ago) should be included in my icloud back up? If not, how can I retrieve my older photos?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 11:16 AM

Per -- My Photo Stream - Apple Support....

"Can I use My Photo Stream to back up my photos instead of iCloud Backup or iTunes?

No. Photos in My Photo Stream are saved on the iCloud server for 30 days. After that, the photos are removed from iCloud. To save or back up these photos, you must save them from My Photo Stream to your iOS device."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 11:16 AM in response to diegorq1

Per -- My Photo Stream - Apple Support....

"Can I use My Photo Stream to back up my photos instead of iCloud Backup or iTunes?

No. Photos in My Photo Stream are saved on the iCloud server for 30 days. After that, the photos are removed from iCloud. To save or back up these photos, you must save them from My Photo Stream to your iOS device."

iPhone Restore Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.