Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 8 won't sync photos to my laptop

So, I have an iPhone 8, I've had it for a couple of years now and I'm having trouble syncing the photos on it to my MacBook Air. I used to be able to just plug my phone into the laptop and be able to sync the photos within a couple minutes. Now however, whenever I plug in my phone to sync photos to my computer, only a small amount of the newer photos will sync, and even then sometimes I have to open the photos through my phone in order for even a few pictures to be able to sync. Usually it's also photos that I took within a couple of days and nothing older (like photos taken within the past months). I want to make sure that all of my pictures sync up before I update my phone. How do I fix this?

note: I tried switching ports, and that worked for awhile, but it's not working very well anymore.

iPhone 8, 13

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 12:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 9:04 AM

If you have turned on iCloud Photo Library on your Mac and your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, your photos might already be on your computer.

You can sync iPhone to iCloud or sync Photos from Mac to iPhone. Alternatively you can import (Not sync) Photos from iPhone to Mac.

2 replies

My iPhone 8 won't sync photos to my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.