Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't clear up memory space on ipad

It seems that the more I delete data, the less memory I have left on the ipad. WEIRD.

Can't seem to find a trash basket folder, or any ways to clean some space. No room to update OS and it won't let me. Its like everything looks deleted but it is still sitting in a trash can somewhere. Look on the net for solution but found nothing that works.

My diagnose: Looks to me that the memory space is now so small, nothing works properly to free space. The more I try, the worse it gets

HELP!

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 1:26 AM

Update your device to iOS/iPadOS 13.6.1 or later, as per this support article: ClearOther storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you already updated your device to 13.6.1 or later to no avail, some benefits to reduce that space can be also obtained creating a full backup of your device, then restoring it to factory settings and, in the end, setting it up as new, as per these instructions: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

When done, restore data from your previously made backup, then restart your device and check your device storage again.

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this link: Get Support

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 1:26 AM in response to Blackbox101

Update your device to iOS/iPadOS 13.6.1 or later, as per this support article: ClearOther storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you already updated your device to 13.6.1 or later to no avail, some benefits to reduce that space can be also obtained creating a full backup of your device, then restoring it to factory settings and, in the end, setting it up as new, as per these instructions: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

When done, restore data from your previously made backup, then restart your device and check your device storage again.

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this link: Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Can't clear up memory space on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.