Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Recovery

I had accidentally deleted a conversation over iMessage that contained important information. My iMessage is backed up over iCloud, my data was backed up before said accidental deletion.

I looked up how to recover my messages online and on this website, and the main consensus was to backup my phone, then reset by erasing all content and settings, and then restoring back to a previous back up date.

I did this, and reset to a previous backup, which would have contained the messages.

The messages were not recovered.

Is there anything I can do to recover them?

If it helps, I have exchanged new messages with the same contact after the old messages were deleted.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 1:57 AM

Delete a message or conversation

When you delete a message or conversation, you can't get it back. So make sure that you save important information from your messages.

1 reply

iMessage Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.