Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open an app, the Mac restarts by itself

Hi!

i have a 2010 MBP 15 inch, everytime when I open an app that I download externally from a website, the mac restarts by itself and it says “Your Computer Restarted Because Of A Problem” screen. And I noticed that in disk utility, the Macintosh HD-Data is missing, only the Macintosh HD is there. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 7:04 AM

Click the View button and choose Show All Devices.

Macintosh HD-Data only appears in Catalina.

The obvious culprit is the app you downloaded. Apparently it's defective. Refer to If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support:

• If your Mac suspects that a particular app caused the restart, it might ask whether you would like to move the app to the Trash. Click Move to Trash, then contact the software developer to see if a software update is available.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 7:04 AM in response to Conan_from_tangerang

Click the View button and choose Show All Devices.

Macintosh HD-Data only appears in Catalina.

The obvious culprit is the app you downloaded. Apparently it's defective. Refer to If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support:

• If your Mac suspects that a particular app caused the restart, it might ask whether you would like to move the app to the Trash. Click Move to Trash, then contact the software developer to see if a software update is available.

When I open an app, the Mac restarts by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.