Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

speaker troubleshooting after installing soundflower / blackhole

Dear friends,

after installing Soundflower and Blackhole (two extensions to record the internal audio of my mac) I found the right speaker extremely croaking, especially at high volume.

It has never happened before, while the right speaker still works perfectly.

I uninstalled the two extensions, rebooted but the problem remains.

I also used headphones, but there was no issue so I assume it is an hardware stuff.

Any advice?

Thank you

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

OSX Catalina 10.15.6

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 6:54 AM

Try resetting that Mac's NVRAM according to Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support.

I've always been reluctant to use things that may have the ability to drive a Mac's speakers at a level higher than they're designed to handle. I don't even know if it's possible to do that, but if the NVRAM doesn't fix the right speaker's problem it may have become damaged.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 6:54 AM in response to pie777

Try resetting that Mac's NVRAM according to Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support.

I've always been reluctant to use things that may have the ability to drive a Mac's speakers at a level higher than they're designed to handle. I don't even know if it's possible to do that, but if the NVRAM doesn't fix the right speaker's problem it may have become damaged.

speaker troubleshooting after installing soundflower / blackhole

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.