Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inbuilt speakers not working since the macOS Montery upgrade

Ever since I upgraded to macOS Monterey 12.2, my Macbook Air is showing headphone port perpetually in use even when the wired headphones are not plugged in. This has also automatically muted my inbuilt speakers. And even when I am using my bluetooth semi-wired or wireless earplugs, the system randomly switches the audio output source to headphone port at will. Tried the basic things like plugging in and plugging out headphones, cleaning the port carefully with earbuds and also restarting the system several times. But not helping.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 8:08 AM

Reset SMC and NVRAM (if applicable).

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Next try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 8:08 AM in response to 2ndbst

Reset SMC and NVRAM (if applicable).

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Next try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Inbuilt speakers not working since the macOS Montery upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.