Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime not working after iOS14 update

After upgrading to iOS 14 Facetime stopped working . Opening the app produces message "Restrictions Enabled"

I can confirm no restriction enabled . iPhone Model Apple SE 2 .

Whatsapp Video calls are also no longer working. Neither can i make video calls nor accept any .

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 7:05 AM

12 replies

Oct 7, 2020 8:22 AM in response to iPrachi

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities iPrachi,

We see that FaceTime is not working on your iPhone after updating the software on your iPhone. We know that it is important to have your iPhone working properly, and we'd be happy to help.

Take a look at the article below with some troubleshooting steps to help with what you've been experiencing.

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue remains, respond back with the answers to the following questions.

• If you restart your iPhone, does the issue remain?
  • Do you have a pending update for the WhatsApp app in the App Store?
  • Are you using the latest version (14.0.1) of iOS 14?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

Nov 25, 2020 5:09 PM in response to KMB_12

FaceTime stopped working on my iPad Pro after installing iOS 14.2. Can’t accept or make FaceTime calls from iPad. Works ok from my phone which I haven’t upgraded yet. Tried the suggestion in the article in the link above but this didn’t help. My cell phone number doesn’t appear in the list for making and receiving FaceTime calls. This upgrade is the pits. Several apps also stopped working and I’m having issues with the audio on Webex, Zoom, and Teams calls.

Nov 25, 2020 1:45 AM in response to Joseph Miler

I also have the same issue. I use iOS12 and when I try to FT someone with iOS14, it takes me back to my home page after 5 minutes, then cuts the call shortly after. I was advised by Apple to reset Network settings and if that doesn't work, I should annoyingly have to reset my phone! Resetting network settings didn't work for me. :(

I hope Apple read these comments and fix this bug because it's extremely frustrating to have to reset my phone! I hope resetting your network settings work for you...

Jan 12, 2021 8:35 AM in response to iPrachi

My mother-in-law, who is 94 and in a care home, has an Ipad Air on ios 12.5 and Facetime is our only way of communicating with her. When using either my wife's or my iPad (both on os 14.5), the call disconnects at exactly 8 mins each time. However, both my daughters and my brother-in-law who are all on iPads with ios 12 do not have the problem. I have totally reset all three of my, my wife's and my mother-in-law's iPads to no avail. This is causing real problems as she is not technically literate and believes that it is her fault.

Facetime not working after iOS14 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.